Miami, Fla. – Rising MMA stars Ben “Smooth” Henderson and “The Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit have agreed to new multi-fight contracts with the UFC, First Round Management President and CEO Malki Kawa announced. Terms of the agreements were not disclosed.
“These fight contract extensions show the MMA world that the UFC values Ben Henderson and Carlos Condit as two of its top, young stars,” Kawa said. “Both are only 27 years old and have proven that they are contenders for titles in their weight divisions and also have strong fan bases. Fans will now be able to see them continue to grow in the octagon.”
Henderson holds a 14-2 professional record, and is 2-0 in the UFC after previously holding the WEC Lightweight championship. In his last fight at UFC Live on Versus 5, Henderson dominated Jim Miller. He currently trains at the MMA Lab in Glendale, Ariz.
Fans can follow Henderson through his Twitter handle @SmoothOne155.
“I am excited that I will have the opportunity to continue to compete in the UFC, and I want to thank the UFC for believing in me and my abilities,” Henderson stated.
Condit, who trains at Jackson’s Submission Fighting in Albuquerque, N.M., holds a 27-5 professional record and has won his last four fights and 12 of his last 13 bouts overall. His last three wins have ended via KO/TKO. He will next face BJ Penn in a Welterweight showdown at UFC 137 on Oct. 29.
“I am honored to receive an extension before my next fight, as it shows the level of confidence the UFC has in me. I can’t wait to show the fans how much my training for this next fight has paid off,” Condit said.
Fans can follow Condit through his web site at www.CampCondit.com or through his Twitter handle @CarlosCondit.