The ninth instalment of the South Korea-based organization went down on Saturday, at the Wonju Chiak Gymnasium.
Titled ROAD FC 009: Beatdown, the event’s main attraction featured a Middleweight bout between Strikeforce veteran Melvin Manhoef and Kim Jae Yeong. The South Korean showed lots of heart and a granite chin, but it wasn’t enough to convince the judges to award him the final decision. Manhoef, who was winless in his last 4 outings, finally gets his career back on track.
In the co-Main event, Japanese superstar Minowaman recorded the 54th win of his professional MMA career following his submission victory of Jin Soo Yuk.
Meanwhile, in the 1st leg of the Lightweight tournament, Lee Yong Jae, Vuyisile Colossa, Kume Takaske and Nam Yui Chul recorded wins over their respective opponents and have advanced to the next round.
Here are the full results, courtesy of the folks at MMA-In-Asia.com:
- Park II Chul def. Yu Yeong Woo via Decision
- Kwak Myeong Sik def. Park Gwang Su via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 1
- Kim Hwig Yu def. Lee Jong Hwa via Decision
- Jung Yeong Sam def. Jin TaeHo via Decision
- Gil Yeong Bok def. Lee Jeong Won via Decision
- Lee Yong Jae def. Kim Wongi via TKO in Round 3
- Vuyisile Colossa def. Kim Seokmo via TKO at 4:30s in Round 1
- Kume Takaske def. Kim Chang Hyun via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 3:27s in Round 1
- Nam Yui Chul def. Toryu Masahiro via TKO at 3:32s in Round 1
- Minowaman def. Yuk Jin Su via Submission (Kimura) at 4:59s in Round 1
- Melvin Manhoef def. Kim Jae Yong via Split Decision