History will be made at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California this Saturday night as the Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche will be the first females to ever grace the UFC Octagon.
UFC 157 is being hyped up around the women in the main event, but the rest of the main card will excite fans as well.
The co-main event will pit former UFC light-heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida against former Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson. Another feature match-up is a bantamweight showdown between Urijah Faber and Ivan Menjivar.
Check out the “UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche bottom line” below thanks to FightMetric.com.
Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche
– Rousey’s average fight time over her six professional fights is an astounding 1:36
– The takedown average and submission average in Rousey’s fights are both the same at 11.69
Lyoto Machida vs. Dan Henderson
– Machida holds the advantage in most areas in this fight. The one that stands out the most is his takedown defense which is at 80%
– Henderson has the “H-Bomb”, but whether he will be able to land it on Machida is yet to be seen. His striking accuracy is 49%
Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar
– Both Faber and Menjivar stand at 5’6″ in height, but Faber will have a 5″ reach advantage
– Menjivar lands an impressive average of 3.3 strikes per minute in his fights
Josh Neer vs. Court McGee
– McGee will have to use his striking to his advantage in this fight and if his 4.77 average of strikes per minute is any indication of how things will play out, it will be a good night for him.
– McGee also holds the advantage in takedown defense with his percentage sitting at 83%, while Neer’s takedown accuracy is 42%
Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler
– Lawler has the takedown’s in his favor at a 65% average,but Koscheck’s takedown defense is impressive at 63%
– Koscheck has shown that he doesn’t take much punishment in his stand-up game with his striking defense being 64%
Make sure you check out UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche this Saturday live onPPV.
(Photo by Esther Lin for MMAFighting.com)