ROAD Fighting Championship held its 12th event this past Saturday, June 22nd, at the Chiak Stadium situated in Wonju, South Korea. The 12th installment was arguably the promotion’s biggest, with a fight card that featured the likes of Bae Myung Ho, Michihiro Omigawa and Bae Young Kwon.
In the main event, Kil Woo Lee (4-4) became the promotion’s new 135-lbs champion by out-pointing ‘The Running man’ Min Jung Song (5-6). The fight was a close one with the result ending in a split decision victory for the aforementioned Lee. He’s now on a 3-fight winning streak.
Former Legend FC title-holder Bae Myung Ho (13-5-1) went to war with Vitor Belfort protege, Andrews Nakahara (4-2-1), in the co-featured bout of the evening. It was an incredible fight that saw both fighters go the distance, but only for the outcome to be ruled a draw. With both warriors having their own moments, a rematch may certainly be in the works in the near future.
Michihiro Omigawa (13-14) succumbed to his 4th consecutive defeat in his 145-lbs contest with rising MMA star, Bae Young Kwon (8-3). While the former is still winless in his post-UFC run, Kwon managed to get back in the win column following his Unanimous Decision loss against Eric Kelly at ONE FC 4: Destiny of Warriors.
Here are the rest of the results:
- Kil Woo Lee def. Min Jung Song via Split Decision (ROAD FC Bantamweight Tournament Final/For ROAD FC Bantamweight strap)
- Bae Myung Ho vs. Andrews Nakahara (DRAW)
- Bae Young Kwon def. Michihiro Omigawa via Decision
- Celine Haga def. Masako Yoshida via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:02 of Round 1
- Dool Hee Lee def. Ryo Kawamura via Split Decision
- Ryuta Noji def. Ji Hoon Kim via TKO (Punches & Knees) in Round 1
- Lee Yun Jun def. Takafumi Otsuka via Unanimous Decision
- Young Bok Gil def. Won Gi Kim via Decision
- Mu Kyum Choi def. Hubert Guven via Decision
- Byung Ok Jo def. Hyun Song Chan via Decision
- Yi Moon Han def. Song Jae Kim