The Mumbai-based promotion held its tenth installment last month at the Vagator Hilltop in Goa, India. This was the FCC’s second trip to Goa after previous shows at the Famous Studios venue in Mumbai, India.
FCC 10 was highlighted by its first ever title match in the main event, between Light Heavyweights Vishal Balkawde (4-1) and Imran Khan (1-1). The former made history with a second round Armbar triumph, etching his name in the history books as the promotion’s first ever title holder.
In the co-main event, Harshad Sadgir (3-0) kept his unbeaten record in tact with a first round TKO victory over opponent Nitin Gaikwad. Gaikwad slumped to 3-3 with that set-back.
Elsewhere, there were victories for Yannik Denizart, Udit Thakur, Bala Silliveru and Mohit Singh on a card that produced no decisions, whatsoever.
Its been a long road for Full Contact Championship since its inception in 2009, but with a slow and steady pace, the promotion now finds itself as a capable product in the Asian MMA circles.
Check out a re-cap of the results below along with videos of all the bouts:
- – Vishal Balkawde def. Imran Khan via Submission (Armbar) at 0:45 of Round 2 (For inaugural FCC Light Heavyweight Championship title)
- – Harshad Sadgir def. Nitin Gaikwad via TKO (Punches) at 2:59 of Round 1
- – Farhaan Siddique vs. Dinesh Kanojia – Ruled a No Contest, 2:49 of Round 2. Dinesh sprained his knee when both fighters fell out of the ring
- – Yannik Denizart def. Vishal Patil via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:49 of Round 1
- – Udit Thakur def. Suresh Maahi TKO (Punches) at 1:29 of Round 1
- – Mohit Singh def. Sumeet Sawant via TKO (Punches) at 0:33 of Round 1
- – Bala Silliveru def. Imran via TKO (Punches) in Round 2
Picture credit: Full Contact Championship