Pakistan’s Waqar Umar (3-0) has replaced an injured Wes Jaya (2-1) and will now fight Peter Davis (7-3) at 155-lbs at next week’s ONE FC 14: War of Nations event in Malaysia.
ONE FC officials recently announced the change-up. Jaya suffered an undisclosed injury and was forced to pull out of the fight.
ONE FC 14: War of Nations takes place March 14th at the Stadium Negara in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. As with previous events, the event’s main card airs LIVE on Star Sports, and streams LIVE online at a price of US$9.99 on LIVESPORT.TV.
Umar, a native of Pakistan, is a staple of the country’s first and only Mixed Martial Arts promotion – The PAK MMA Fighting Alliance. With a 3-0 record and three-straight submission victories to his credit, Umar is one of Pakistan’s finest MMA products. He was last seen at PAK MMA FA 2 just last month, in a premier ‘Afghan vs. Pakistani’ match-up that saw him reign victorious over Nangyalai Nikzad. He will be making his first pro MMA appearance outside of Pakistan come fight night.
Davis, meanwhile, recently rebounded from a two-fight losing skid with a submission triumph over Alaa Mazloum at ONE FC 12: Warrior Spirit. Prior to that rough patch, the Malaysian scored five straight victories, which included three first round stoppages. The 32-year-old will be making his seventh appearance under the ONE FC banner next week.
With that, the updated ONE FC 14: War of Nations line-up includes:
MAIN EVENT (Star Sports, Livesport.tv):
- Brock Larson vs. Nobutatsu Suzuki (For inaugural ONE FC Welterweight Championship title)
MAIN CARD (Star Sports, Livesport.tv):
- Kevin Belingon vs. Dae Hwan Kim
- Yasuhiro Urushitani vs. Adriano Moraes
- Kamal Shalorus vs. Ariel Sexton
- Shinichi Kojima vs. Andrew Leone
- Kotetsu Boku vs. Arnaud Lepont
- Peter Davis vs. Waqar Umar
- Harris Sarmiento vs. Herbert Burns
- Sherilyn Lim vs. Ann Osman
- Khim Dima vs. Saiful Merican