Brazil’s Adriano Moraes is ONE FC’s first ever Flyweight champion. The 25-year-old pulled off a successful Guillotine choke in the second round over Geje Eustaquio, forcing the Filipino fighter to tap at the 3:54 mark.
ONE FC 20: Rise of the Kingdom Results
The 125-lbs title tussle headlined ONE FC 20: Rise of the Kingdom at the Koh Pich Theatre in Phnom Penh. The event also marked ONE FC’s first visit to Cambodia.
It’s well worth noting that unlike previous events, ONE FC 20 was only available for viewing in Cambodia. The event was not broadcasted anywhere else.
Eustaquio’s stellar wushu skills were on display in the first stanza, as he kept Moraes at bay by controlling the action with his strikes. In the second frame, however, Moraes backed his counterpart up against the cage and shot for a Guillotine, before dropping down onto the mat and securing the position with a body triangle. Eustaquio’s brave attempts to defend the choke faltered within seconds and was eventually forced to succumb.
Former UFC vet Caros Fodor made it two in a row for the first time in his ONE FC career by overcoming Dutchman Vincent Latoel via submission in the co-main event. ‘The Future’ threatened with an Armlock attempt late in the first round but Latoel survived and ensured the fight continued. But in the final moments of round two, after landing some ground-and-pound, Fodor locked in a fight ending Rear-Naked Choke and forced Latoel to tap.
In the Cambodian Featherweight Grand Prix Final, Sam Ang Dun was awarded the victory by disqualification due to an illegal stomp to the head. In the heat of the moment, Chan Rothana’s spinning wheel kick landed flush on Dun’s head. Dun was unable to continue thereon in and with customary disqualification practices in place, he took home the Cambodian Featherweight Grand Prix trophy by default.
Of the ten fights on the running order, only one made it to the distance.
Check out the rest of the results below:
- Adriano Moraes def. Geje Eustaquio via Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 3:54 of Round 2 (For inaugural ONE FC Flyweight title)
- Caros Fodor def. Vincent Latoel via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:43 of Round 2
- Sam Ang Dun def. Chan Rothana via Disqualification – Illegal stomp to head (Cambodian Featherweight Grand Prix Final bout)
- Arnaud Lepont def. Suasday Chau via TKO (Strikes) at 2:21 of Round 1
- Sung Ming Yen def. Radeem Rahman via Unanimous Decision
- Amir Khan def. Jian Kai Chee via KO (Strikes) at 2:25 of Round 1
- Meas Meu def. Chan Heng via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:07 of Round 1
- Sam Ang Dun def. Chin Heng via TKO (Strikes) at 2:34 of Round 1 (Cambodian Featherweight Grand Prix Semi-Final bout)
- Chan Rothana def. Prak Chansin via TKO (Strikes) at 4:32 of Round 1 (Cambodian Featherweight Grand Prix Semi-Final bout)
- Tharoth Sam def. Vy Srey Chai via Submission (Armbar) at 2:36 of Round 1