History was made by ONE FC over the weekend as the promotion held its first ever event in China. Asia is commonly referred to as the birth place for Martial Arts particularly China, with styles such as Kung Fu, Wushu and Sanda among others originating from the county. Friday’s ONE FC card was filled with fighters from these diverse backgrounds, and they delivered on all cylinders with only half of the ten-bout fight card going the distance.
ONE FC 24 Results: Ji Xian wins in main event, two tourney champions emerge
ONE FC 24: Dynasty of Champions took place at the Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium in Beijing, China. The entire card streamed LIVE on pay-per-view while fans in Asia had the chance to catch the main card on FOX Sports 3.
In the main event, former Legend FC champ Ji Xian topped RUFF veteran Song Ya Dong in an absolute barn-burner. Both fighters stayed in the pocket and traded for the duration of the contest, thrilling the masses in attendance. While it was Dong who landed the harder shots, throwing with vicious intent at every opportunity he could, in the end, the judges awarded the final call to the much-experienced Xian, whose cleaner strikes led to a lopsided decision nod.
In the co-main, famed Australian Lightweight, Adrian Pang, dominated Dutchman Vincent Latoel en route to a third round submission victory. Pang dropped Latoel with a monstrous right hook in the second but the latter recovered quickly, even manifesting a smirk in the process. Latoel made a mistake in the final five minutes though, when a takedown attempt went horribly wrong. Ever the opportunist, Pang clung onto a Guillotine choke forcing his Dutch counterpart to tap out.
On the rest main card, Michal Pasternak stayed unbeaten with a Unanimous Decision victory over Portuguese veteran Rafael Silva, while Ariel Sexton’s Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu prowess was no match for Anvar Alizhanov as Sexton won via a beautifully crafted Reverse Triangle-Keylock submission maneuver.
Finally, in a pair of one night tournaments, Li Kai Wen and Li Wei Bin were crowned national champions in the Featherweight and Flyweight divisions, respectively.
Check out the full results from the event below:
- Ji Xian def. Song Ya Dong via Unanimous Decision
- Adrian Pang def. Vincent Latoel via Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:15 minutes of Round 3
- Li Kai Wen def. Wang Ya Wei via Unanimous Decision (Beijing Featherweight Tournament Finals)
- Li Wei Bin def. Wang Wei via Unanimous Decision (Beijing Flyweight Tournament Finals)
- Michal Pasternak def. Rafael Silva via Unanimous Decision
- Ariel Sexton def. Anvar Alizhanov via Submission (Reverse Triangle-Armlock) at 3:18 minutes of Round 1
- Wang Ya Wei def. Li Gen via TKO (Strikes) at 2:26 minutes of Round 1 (Beijing Featherweight Tournament Semi-Finals)
- Li Kai Wen def. He Nan Nan via TKO (Strikes) at 2:19 minutes of Round 1 (Beijing Featherweight Tournament Semi-Finals)
- Wang Wei def. Liu Xu via Unanimous Decision (Beijing Flyweight Tournament Semi-Finals)
- Li Wei Bin def. Hao Yi Jie via Submission (Armbar) at 2:51 minutes of Round 1 (Beijing Flyweight Tournament Semi-Finals)
*Photos credit: ONE Fighting Championship