Bellator is back with their most stacked card to date.
Bellator MMA heads to arguably the most famous arena in the world when they touch down in New York City on June 24, bringing some of the biggest names in the sport to Madison Square Garden for an incredible doubleheader.
The Bellator NYC pay-per-view is stacked from top to bottom. The main event sees a 5-year grudge match finally boil over when Chael Sonnen takes on the legendary Wanderlei Silva. The co-main event will see the greatest heavyweight of all time make his Bellator debut when he takes on Matt Mitrione. Bellator welterweight champion Douglas Lima defends his title against a debuting Lorenz Larkin, as “Iron” Michael Chandler defends his lightweight title against undefeated Brent Primus. Also on the card; mega-prospect Aaron Pico makes his MMA debut against former RFA title-challenger Zach Freeman.
The pay-per-view ‘undercard’ will be officially dubbed as “Bellator 180” and is headlined by a light heavyweight title fight between champion Phil Davis and Ryan Bader in what will be his Bellator debut. The co-main event sees Irish prospect James Gallagher take on striking-specialist Chinzo Machida.
Bellator NYC | Pay-Per-View | 10pm ET/7pm PT
- Chael Sonnen def. Wanderlei Silva via Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Matt Mitrione def. Fedor Emelianenko via KO (Punches) at 1:14 of Round 1
- Douglas Lima def. Lorenz Larkin via Unanimous Decision (50-45, 48-47, 48-47)
- Brent Primus def. Michael Chandler by TKO (Ankle Injury) at 2:22 of Round 1
- Zach Freeman def. Aaron Pico via Submission (Guillotine Choke) at :24 of Round 1
- Neiman Gracie def. Dave Marfone by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 2:27 of Round 2
Bellator 180 | Spike TV | 8pm ET/5pm PT
- Ryan Bader def. Phil Davis via Split Decision (49-46, 47-48, 49-46)
- James Gallagher def. Chinzo Machida via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 2:22 of Round 1
- Heather Hardy def. Alice Yauger via TKO (Strikes) at 4:47 of Round 3
Bellator 180 Prelims | Spike.com | 6pm ET/3pm PT
- Ryan Couture def. Haim Gozali via Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Matt Rizzo def. Sergio da Silva via Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) at 3:48 of Round 3
- Hugh McKenna def. John Salgado via Submission (Kimura) at 4:06 of Round 1
- Anthony Giacchina def. Jerome Mickle via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 3:40 of round 3
- Bradley Desir def. Nate Grebb by Knockout at 2:54 of Round 1