Former light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson sounded off on twitter in the wee hours of the morning, announcing that his next fight will be his last under the UFC banner. He blasted the promotion, calling it “U Fight Cheap” and stated he wanted to “stay away from negative people”.
Jackson added that he wasn’t done with MMA, just the UFC. It remains to be seen if anyone else could match Jackson’s asking price, as despite the “U Fight Cheap” comment, Jackson is one of the promotion’s highest paid fighters. Asian-based OneFC could be an option, as the ownership claims to have deep pockets and the promotion is carried on ESPN Star Sports, which broadcasts throughout Asia.
Here is a partial list of Jackson’s tweets from Tuesday morning:
– “I will fight who ever they put n front of me,I always have,but it will b my last fight n the ufc,I have other things on my mind”
– “I didn’t say I would b done fighting,I just said I’m not fighting 4 the UFC,(u fight cheap)I said I have other things on my mind (big head)”
– “@VWAssassin: @Rampage4real your leaving the UFC?” Y should I stay? I don’t need them or anybody else negative dealing with my carrie”
– “@DrjftGaming: @Rampage4real Will you still do MMA, or is this your last MMA fight period?” Guys learn how 2 read! MMA ok UFC no ok after”
– “Sorry guys just been going threw a lot n I was trying 2 stay positive last night,n it worked,so I’m just gonna start over! U helped me!”
– “I know 1 place I’m not going back 2! I’m going 2 b with my wife n kids n sin no more! Just ask 4 forgiveness! #new I’d win this 1!”
– “I need help with positive energy once again,u can tell things aint right,u helped me last night! I love u all,wish I could say what’s up”