Dana White announces UFC 151 CANCELLED

The news that no one wanted to happen, has happened.

During a special conference call today, UFC President, Dana White announced that Dan Henderson has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 151 main event title fight against Jon Jones due to a partial tear in his MCL.

White and the UFC have decided to cancel UFC 151,¬†Dana White said,¬†“This is probably one of my all time lows of being President in 11 years. For the first time in 11 years, we’re going to cancel an event.”

The UFC attempted to find a replacement. Chael Sonnen accepted the fight on 8 days notice, wanted the fight bad and would fly to Vegas. However Jon Jones said, “I’m not fighting Chael Sonnen on 8 days notice.”

Dana White said that he and Lorenzo Fertitta are both “disgusted” by Jon Jones’ actions.

Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida will now headline UFC 151 in Toronto, Canada on September 22, 2012.

Jones had mentioned last week that he was no longer interested in fighting Machida. When asked by Ariel Helwani about that, White responded by saying, “I can tell you this right now, he ain’t turning down the Machida fight. If I get a call today that he’s turning down the fight, we’ll have another conference call this afternoon.”

Keep it locked to MMASucka.com for more updates as that occur.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here