The Pacific-Xtreme Combat held its 34th event this past Saturday night at the Smart Araneta Coliseum situated in Manila, Philippines. This was the same venue that was used by ONE Fighting Championship, for its ‘Pride of a Nation’ event that was held in August.
Ale Cali managed to retain his Flyweight strap against Erwin Tagle in the featured attraction of the evening. Elsewhere, Mark Striegl, a highly touted Filipino prospect, was given the opportunity to shine in the co-Main event slot. And rightfully so, the 24-year-old took the plaudits once again when he submitted former Strikeforce veteran Harris Sarmiento in the 1st round, via a Scarf-Hold Armlock.
PXC 34 Results and News
Unbeaten in his MMA career, Striegl’s looks unstoppable in his rise to stardom having racked up back-to-back Armlock victories under the PXC banner thus far.
With that said, here’re the rest of the results, courtesy of the folks at Sherdog.com:
- Ale Cali def. Erwin Tagle via TKO (Retirement) in Round 3 (For the PXC Flyweight Strap)
- Mark Striegl def. Harris Sarmiento via Submission (Scarf-Hold Armlock) at 2:37s of Round 1
- Isaiah Ordiz def. Tristan Arenal via Split Decision
- Dustin Kimura def. Guy Delumeau via KO (Punch) at 4:44s of Round 3
- Hong Seung Chan def. Qize Wu via TKO (Punches) at 3:29s of Round 1
- Eugene Toquero def. Jerome Wanawan via TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage) in Round 1
- Michinori Tanaka def. Russell Doane via Submission in Round 3
- Kyle Aguon def. Steve Grandeza via Technical Submission (Armbar) at 2:02s in Round 1
- Louis Smolka def. Bryan To Hang Lam via Submission (Armbar) at 3:54s of Round 1
- Dario Banario def. Ernesto Montilla via Unanimous Decision
- Zebaztian Kadestam def. Patrick Manicad via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 2:01s of Round 1