After a decade of showcasing world-class Mixed Martial Arts action to fans situated in the Philippines, the URCC celebrated it’s 10th birthday this past Saturday, December 1st, with URCC 22: Dekada. As the region’s longest running MMA promotion, the URCC may have put on it’s most stacked card yet in the city of Pasay.
Rodrigo ‘The Professor’ Praxedes entered enemy territory in his quest to gain URCC gold against promotional veteran, Froilan Sarenas. Despite having only 2 fights under his belt, however, Praxedes showed great composure and confidence en route to winning the promotion’s 179-lbs strap. The Phuket Top Team native is now 2-1 in his professional MMA career.
Rising superstar Eric ‘The Natural’ Kelly, showed once again that he belonged in the upper echelon of the world’s talented pool of Featherweight fighters. Kelly, who was also making his 1st title defense, mounted Brad Terrey in the 3rd stanza and managed to get the Armbar following a succession of ground-and-pound. The 30-year-old fighter, who’s undoubtedly one of Asia’s hottest commodities at the moment, is now a perfect 9-0 in his MMA resume.
In main-event, Lowens Tynanes shocked the world by defeating fan-favourite, Eduard Folayang. Tynanes, who was only in his 2nd professional bout, did just enough damage to force a doctor’s stoppage. Folayang has now lost 2 of his past 3 bouts.
Here are the rest of the results:
- Lito Adiwang def. Junjun Sinco via TKO (Punches) in Round 2
- Dennis Salazar def. Roy Doliguez via Decision
- Jonathan Sumogat def. Russel Iniong via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 1
- Red Romero def. Sulpiano Laurio via TKO (Punches) in Round 1
- Caloy Baduria def. Sugar Ray Estrada via TKO (Punches) in Round 1
- Rodrigo Praxedes def. Froilan Sarenas via Decision (For URCC Middleweight strap)
- Jessi Raffols def. Keiff Mangusan via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 1
- Onyok Transmonte def. Hideo Morikawa via Decision
- Eric Kelly def. Brad Terrey via Submission (Armbar) in Round 3 [Overtime – For URCC Featherwight strap]
- Lowens Tynanes def. Eduard Folayang via TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage) in Round 1