The Super Fight League is back with SFL 13, and this may be the promotion’s best assembled fight card yet. 4 title bouts have been confirmed for the event, that’s set to take place on December 14th in Mumbai, India. SFL 13 will still be a part of the ‘Friday Night Fight Nights’ initiative that was launched a few months ago.
The Inaugural Welterweight Championship strap will be contested between Shyam Prasad (2-0) and Bhabajeet Choudhury (2-0). The latter fighter embedded his name in the MMA scene following a spectacular spinning-back kick knock-out of Charanjit Singh at SFL 4. Shyam Prasad, in the meantime, scored submission victories over Gaurav Singh and Rouhollah Eidehlouei en route to earning his title shot.
The co-Main event will be for the promotion’s Bantamweight belt. Anup Kumar (3-1) battles Manoj Chuhan (2-0) in a highly anticipated title tilt. Following his MMA debut loss, Kumar has won 3 consecutive fights and is now 3-0 under the SFL banner. Chuhan, meanwhile, has already earned 2 first-round stoppages in his 2 MMA bouts and looks set to have a bright future in the sport.
Here’s the rest of the fight card:
- Bhabajeet Chowdhury vs. Shyam Prasad (For Inaugural SFL Welterweight strap)
- Manoj Chuhan vs. Anup Kumar (For Inaugural SFL Bantamweight strap)
- Bharat Kandare vs. Narender Grewal (For Inaugural SFL Featherweight strap)
- Rajinder Singh Meena vs. Sandeep Yadav (For Inaugural SFL Lightweight strap)
- Mohamed Hassan Badawy vs. Warren De Reuck
Manjit Kolekar vs. Monika
Rouhollah Eidehlouei vs. Jamshed Khan