The India-based Super Fight League crowned its first set of champions across multiple weight divisions last night at SFL 13, an event which went down in Mumbai, India. After 12 successful events, the promotion finally decided to dish out its championship straps.
SFL 13 took place as part of the organization’s ‘Friday Night Fight Nights’ initiative, which was launched a few months ago. For more information on this initiative, you can read all about it here or just head on over to http://superfightleague.com/.
In the main event, the Inaugural Welterweight Championship strap was contested between Shyam Prasad (3-0) and Bhabajeet Choudhury (2-1). Both fighters entered the bout undefeated, however, it was the former who left the cage with his unbeaten record still in tact.
The co-Main event saw Anup Kumar (4-1) defeat Manoj Chuhan (2-1) for the promotion’s Bantamweight’s strap. Kumar has now won 4 straight bouts, and is still undefeated under the SFL banner.
Here’re the rest of the results, courtesy of the folks at Sherdog:
- Shyam Prasad def. Bhabajeet Chowdhury via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 2:04s in Round 2 [For Inaugural SFL Welterweight strap]
- Anup Kumar def. Manoj Chuhan via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 2:08s in Round 2 [For Inaugural SFL Bantamweight strap]
- Bharat Kandare def. Narender Grewal via Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 1:31s in Round 1 [For Inaugural SFL Featherweight strap]
- Rajinder Singh Meena def. Sandeep Yadav via Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 3:40s in Round 4 [For Inaugural SFL Lightweight strap]
- Warren De Reuck def. Mohamed Hassan Badawy via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 4:24s in Round 1
Manjit Kolekar def. Monika via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:27s in Round 2
Jamshed Khan def. Rouhollah Eidehlouei via TKO (Retirement) in Round 2