The final fight card is in for Saturday’s Ultimate Beatdown 13: Road to Glory event, which is set to take place at the KSL City Mall Hotel & Resort in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Officials announced the match-ups via Facebook.
Final fight card for Ultimate Beatdown 13, tourney format kicks off
Ultimate Beatdown 13 will take place at the KSL City Mall Hotel & Resort this time around as opposed to the Cheers Bar & Grill and De’Bali Bistro & Cafe venues which housed previous events. KSL will also serve as a sponsor for future events of Ultimate Beatdown’s as part of a newly forged partnership.
As previously reported, Ultimate Beatdown will be looking to crown its first batch of champions through a tourney format that will be held across several events, eventually culminating in a finale where the finalists will square off in their respective divisions to vie for the promotion’s inaugural championship titles.
It’ll be an eight-man tournament spanning across all weight divisions.
Saturday’s thirteenth installment of Ultimate Beatdown will play host to the opening brackets. Fighters across the various weight divisions will be hoping to make their respective marks on the night’s pro MMA main card.
The pick of the lot will be Impact MMA’s rising Flyweight star, Garie Tang (0-0), a BJJ Blue Belt with a background in Muay Thai. Tang makes his pro MMA debut, and looks to pick up where he left off following an eye catching performance at the inaugural Singapore Combat Championship event. He takes on fellow MMA debutant, Pranav Mantri (0-0).
In the second of four Flyweight tourney contests, Ultimate Beatdown vet and former ONE FC star Mohd Fouzein (4-5) faces Penang Top Team’s Jen Loh Lim (0-0). Fouzein could be a potential opponent for Tang in the next round should he defeat his Malaysian counterpart.
The main event of Ultimate Beatdown 13 will feature an intriguing Middleweight Quarter-Final tournament battle between Brad Robinson (1-0), a television personality, and Philippines’ Jun Minion (1-0), a popular Filipino fighter who won his Ultimate Beatdown debut in under thirty seconds via submission.
Other notable contestants in the tournaments include MIMMA champ Kenny Yap (3-1), Evolve MMA’s Keith Alden (0-0), and Juggernaut Fight Club’s Emilio Uruttia (0-0), who locks horns with promotional staple Mohd Faizul (2-6).
As with previous events, “SubZero” match-ups will take the spotlight as well, and this time, all eyes will be on Ian Lee’s clash with Shane Suzuki in a BJJ Brown Belt Gi contest. Lee is a protege of prominent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu wizard Marcos Escobar, while Suzuki hails from Singapore’s oldest MMA camp, Fight G.
The rest of the astounding line-up is set to feature an under card with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu match-ups, Amateur MMA fights, Amateur bouts under K1 rules and more.
In an otherwise Asian talent filled fight card, the Malaysians will be the ones hoping to step into the limelight in front of their home audience.
Check out the full fight card below, and be sure to keep it locked to MMASucka.com for more news and updates with regards to Ultimate Beatdown’s events:
- Brad Robinson vs. Jun Minion – Middleweight Tournament
- Kenny Yap vs. Kumarasyan – Flyweight Tournament
- Keith Alden vs. Malik Kreishan – Featherweight Tournament
- Nico Soe vs. Mustafa Kamal – Catchweight contest, 59kg/130-lbs
- Mohd Faizul vs. Emilio Urrutia – Bantamweight Tournament
- Rayner Karabau vs. Shaharin – Welterweight Tournament
- Sanjivan vs. Mohd Alsebaie – Lightweight Tournament
- Sabastian Cole vs. Mehrdad Malekizadeh – Catchweight contest, 72kg/159-lbs
- Mohd Firdaus vs. Mohd Zakhir – Bantamweight Tournament
- Yadwinder Singh vs. Hanif Zainal – Bantamweight Tournament
- Garie Tang vs. Pranav Mantri – Flyweight Tournament
- Mohd Fouzein vs. Lim Jen Loh – Flyweight Tournament
- James Thoo vs. Benedict Ang – Featherweight
- Ben Lee vs. Chah Wee Hang – Bantamweight
- Jake Gonzales vs. Mohd Fairul – Bantamweight
- Raymond Beh vs. Amie Che Yun – Bantamweight
- Jarek Kochanowicz vs. Irfan Rizqin – Catchweight contest, 80-kg/176-lbs
- Warren vs. Bharath Sirige – Bantamweight
- Patrick Stellino vs. Azmil – Catchweight contest, 88kg/194-lbs
- Shahakazack vs. Wong Seng Tech – Pinweight
- Tze Zheng Tan vs. Iskandar (Amateur K-1 Rules)
- Jason D.C. vs. Nur Azlam (Amateur K-1 Rules)
- Agilan vs. Adil Hafidz (Amateur K-1 Rules)
- Chacharles vs. Jason Teh (Sub-Zero contest)
- Ivan Chua vs. Hilmi (BJJ Purple-Belt Grappling contest)
- Huang Shi Hao vs. Kelvin (BJJ Purple-Belt Grappling contest)
- Yves Tan vs. Sam Chan (Sub-Zero contest)
- Ian Lee vs. Shane Suzuki (BJJ Brown-Belt Gi Grappling contest)