Although several fighters missed weight at the official fighter weigh-ins held just the day before, that didn’t stop the Pacific X-Treme Combat from delivering yet another stellar event for the masses on Saturday night.
PXC 43 went down on March 29th at the Ynares Sports Arena on Pasig City, Philippines. As with previous installments, the event streamed on LIVESTREAM.
A 125-lbs title contest between Thailand’s Rambaa Somdet and Roldan Sangcha’an was originally slated to headline the fight card, but with the former suffering a herniated disk in training, officials were forced to scrap the bout from the line-up altogether.
As a result, Ale Cali vs. Ernesto Montilla was bumped into the main event spot and suffice to say, a match-up of the caliber was expected to provide some sparks and it did . After an early fracas to the start of the first stanza, Montilla snatched onto an Armbar to force a tap from Cali. Montilla is now 4-1 in his past five outings, while Cali slumped to his second setback on the trot.
The women took the spotlight in the co-main event of the evening. Team Lakay’s Gina Iniong was considered an underdog as she entered her battle with Japan’s Mei Yamaguchi, but she ridiculed the odds with a close split decision victory.
Iniong worked her Boxing to great effect in rounds one and two, predominantly getting the better of her opponent. It was fairly apparent that Yamaguchi wanted no part in the striking exchanges, as she tried to make it a grappling contest along with utilizing the clinch. She also had Iniong in a close Armbar submission attempt but the latter defended it well.
Elsewhere on the card, pandemonium broke out in the Ynares Sports Arena when Dean Bermudez delivered a scintillating first round head kick knockout. Bermudez suffered a cut earlier on, and it looked certain that the fight would be stopped at the end of the stanza. But the Filipino fighter clearly had other ideas as a well timed head kick led to an incisive finish.
Check out the rest of the results below:
- Ernesto Montilla def. Ale Cali via Submission (Armbar) in Round 1
- Gina Iniong def. Mei Yamaguchi via Split Decision
- Rolando Dy def. Han Bin Park via Unanimous Decision
- Glen Ranillo def. Reno Remigio via TKO (Punches) in Round 1
- Roy Doliguez def. Jerome Wanawan via Split Decision
- Dean Bermudez def. Kid Orais via KO (Head Kick) in Round 1
- Jinel Lausa def. Venson Delopere via Unanimous Decision
- Arex Montalban def. Lorde Rey Yamit via Submission (Armbar) in Round 1
- Joseph Mercado def. Dominiel Eduave via Unanimous Decision
*Photo credit: Ritrato Zilvidu