While ONE FC and the UFC had their respective installments taking place over the weekend, South Korea’s ROAD Fighting Championship had another stellar event on show in Seoul.
ROAD FC 018 went down at the Grand Hilton Convention Centre on August 30. As with ROAD FC 017, the event was streamed LIVE on Epicentre.tv.
Former UFC vet Luis Ramos (20-8-2) featured in the main event opposite longtime South Korean MMA staple, Hoon Kim (9-10-2, 1 NC). The bout was declared a draw after three rounds of action with the former displaying his wrestling abilities against the latter’s striking attacks. Ramos’ takedowns didn’t count for much though, and a brutal end to the final round which opened a nasty gash on his forehead might have influenced the judges to score the bout even.
Ramos is now 1-0-2 since his release from the UFC while Kim awaits for his first win in over two years.
In the co-main event, the women took the spotlight as Seo Hee Ham (14-5) locked horns with Alyona Rassohyna (10-4) at Atomweight. In this two round affair, the Ukrainian had an ambitious leg lock game in the opening five minutes but it counted for little as Ham pressured proceedings and had a strong finish to the second round with ground-and-pound. The South Korean deservedly took home a lopsided decision victory.
“TUF: Brazil” alumnus Marcos Vinicius (20-8-1) had a dreadful start to life under the ROAD FC banner, as he succumbed to a first round knockout at the hands of Jae Hoon Moon (6-6). Moon punished Vinicius with strikes up against the cage, before coming forth with a brutal liver kick that crippled his Brazilian counterpart. The bout was officially stopped at the 2:30 mark.
Vinicius is now on a five-fight losing streak.
Check out the rest of the results below:
- Kim Hoon vs. Luis Ramos – Bout declared a draw
- Ham Seo Hee def. Alyona Rassohyna via Unanimous Decision
- Moon Jae Hoon def. Marcos Vinicius via TKO (Strikes) at 2:30 of Round 1
- Kim Ji Yeon def. Kamikaze Yukimi via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:19 of Round 1
- Irei Nobuhito def. Jang Deok Young via Decision – Result was overturned from original Jang split decision win
- Kim Chang Hyun def. Kim Seok Mo via Submission (Armbar) at 1:48 of Round 1
YOUNG GUNS 17/PRELIMS
- Park Chan Sol def. Yeo Myung Goo via Unanimous Decision
- Kim Yong Geun def. Kang Jong Han via Submission (Armbar) at 0:52 of Round 1
- Yoon Sung Jun def. Son Jin Ho via Submission (Armbar) at 4:16 of Round 1
- Son Kyu Seok def. Bae Jung Min via TKO (Punches) at 1:00 of Round 1
- Jo Byung Ok def. Jo Young Jun via Unanimous Decision
- Kim Won Gi def. Ahn Jun Young via Unanimous Decision