India has a new Mixed Martial Arts promotion in town.
After the Super Fight League and Full Contact Championship, BodyForce MMA is the latest outfit to hit the MMA landscape in the country.
Owned by Aditya PS, BodyForce MMA was first established as a martial arts facility in India. However, just a few months ago, Aditya embarked on a mission to run his own professional MMA circuit, and together with ex-Super Fight League COO/CEO Daniel Isaac and veteran Alan Fernandes, BodyForce MMA’s inaugural event finally came to fruition this past weekend.
“We at BodyForce have a simple motto – ‘To Fight Hard and Train Harder’. Our APC (Atheletic Performance Center) facility is built by some of the best athletes in India and it hoists world class equipment,” Aditya told MMASucka.com. “Our aim is to bring together all the athletes from different sports like Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Wushu and give them a chance to show their skills in MMA.”
Although Aditya oversees the promotion’s day-to-day activities, Isaac and Fernandes have been helping out with matchmaking duties. The duo have been providing BodyForce MMA the executive support under the aegis of AIMMA to sanction and run the event too.
The first BodyForce MMA installment took place at the Yolee Grand Convention Centre in Frazer Town, Bangalore on Friday night. The running order featured eight bouts filled with some familiar names. The likes of Shyam Prasad, Nikhil Bhatt and Abdul Muneer, who had all previously plied their trade under the Super Fight League banner, were on hand to delight the masses in attendance.
Aditya has a vision to breathe new life into the MMA circuit in India and has in fact, relayed a three-year plan to take the South East Asian region by storm.
“We want to be a breeding ground for all the upcoming MMA fighters in India so that they represent the nation and make us proud,” Aditya added. “Our aim is to be the biggest MMA circuit in South East Asia in the next three years.”
Check out full results from BodyForce MMA’s debut spectacle below:
- Mohammed Shahid def. Mohammad Younus via TKO (Cut) at 2:55 of Round 1
- Masoud Sadeqpoor def. Abdul Muneer via KO (Punch) at 0:27 of Round 1
- Shyam Prasad def. Nasratullah Nasratullah via TKO (Cut) at 2:03 of Round 2
- Nikhil Bhatt def. Steven John via KO (Punch) at 2:55 of Round 3
- Sayed Yousef def. Mohammed Bilal via TKO (Punches) at 1:25 of Round 2
- Mohammed Farhad Rafiq def. Mohd Amir via TKO (Punches) at 0:20 of Round 1
- Govind Singh def. Khurshid Moin via Unanimous Decision
- Nitesh Yadav def. Abdul Samad via Unanimous Decision
*Credit: Daniel Isaac, Aditya PS, BodyForce MMA