A theme of finishes took the spotlight on Friday night as all nine bouts on the ONE FC 21: Roar of Tigers fight card ended in stoppages. The event took place at the Putra Indoor Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, streaming LIVE on pay-per-view and airing on FOX Sports 2 for viewers based in Asia.
The main event saw the return of a highly motivated Rob Lisita, eager to make amends after his previous defeat to Eric Kelly. However, an undefeated and battle-tested veteran in the form of Marat Gafurov played spoiler, ending the fight within 68 seconds.
As expected, Lisita started aggressively, nearly connecting with his trademark overhand right early on. But a head kick had the Australian tumbling onto the canvas moments after – Gafurov capitalized, took the 31-year-old’s back before settling in on a Rear-Naked Choke. Lisita, who could do very little to defend let alone make room for a getaway, was eventually forced to tap.
In the co-main event, one of Malaysia’s favorite heroes notched his third consecutive victory under the ONE FC banner. Peter Davis took on Dubai-based Filipino fighter, Vaughn Donayre, and lived up perfectly to his front runner tag. The 33-year-old’s unorthodox striking skill-set startled Donayre in the opening stages but it was on the canvas where Davis did the most damage. The stoppage officially came at the 4:50 mark when a string of unanswered brutal elbows from top portion forced referee Olivier Coste to make an intervention.
The only women’s match-up of the evening saw highly touted prospect, Ann Osman, improve to 2-1 with an impressive showing over Egypt’s Super Fight League veteran, Aya Saeid Saber. A takedown was what Osman needed to nullify her opponent’s attack and as soon as she scored it, it was rudimentary thereafter as a quick transition to mount allowed the 28-year-old to tee off with elbows for a neat victory.
Elsewhere on the card, Singapore’s Stephen Langdown and Thailand’s 135-lbs Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt, Anatpong Bunrad, took it upon themselves to maximize the ONE FC rules to full effect by landing spectacular soccer kick victories over Raymond Tan and Marc Marcellinus, respectively.
Check out full results from the event below:
- Marat Gafurov def. Rob Lisita via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:08 of Round 1
- Peter Davis def. Vaughn Donayre via TKO (Elbows) at 4:50 of Round 1
- Ev Ting def. Edward Kelly via KO (Head Kick) at 4:28 of Round 2
- Ann Osman def. Aya Saeid Saber via TKO (Elbows) at 3:15 of Round 1
- Bashir Ahmad def. Tanaphong KhunhanKaew via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:38 of Round 1
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke def. Saiful Merican via Submission (Armbar) at 2:12 of Round 2
- Stephen Langdown def. Raymond Tan via KO (Soccer Kick) at 2:28 of Round 1
- Anatpong Bunrad def. Marc Marcellinus via KO (Soccer Kick) at 0:26 of Round 1
- Hesham Hiba def. Mohammad Sotounzadeh via TKO (Punches) at 1:02 of Round 2
Pictures credit: ONE Fighting Championship