A new ROAD FC Bantamweight champion was crowned last weekend when ROAD FC held its 20th installment at the Seoul Olympic Hall in Seoul, South Korea.
As with previous events, ROAD FC 020 streamed LIVE on EPICENTRE.
Lee Yoon-Jun (8-2) claimed the 135-lbs strap with a TKO rout over Lee Kil-Woo (4-5) in the first round. The main event tussle saw Jun start exactly as expected, with the Team ONE product firing in kicks from all angles. His opponent’s Boxing prowess managed even things out initially, but that only lasted up until the 3:40 mark, when a head kick and punches for good measure signaled good night Irene for his 31-year-old counterpart.
“Finally, I am the champion. During my fighter’s life, I’ve won and lost, cried and smiled; every experience has made me who I am. I think no one is forever a champion,” Jun said, after the fight. “I want to keep going and get better each fight. Thanks for everyone who has helped me.”
In the co-main event, ROAD FC’s ring turned professional fighter, Song Ga-Yeon (1-1), suffered the first setback of her career against a much experienced foe in Satomi Takano (4-5). Song opted to use her striking skills from the get-go but her opponent, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt, had other ideas. Following a swift takedown, Takano used her grappling prowess to lock in a Kimura before forcing a tap from Song with just over 30 seconds remaining.
Elsewhere on the main card, Moon Jae-Hoon (7-6) took home a Majority Decision win after a tightly contested affair with Kim Min-Woo (5-2), while Park Hyung-Guen (2-0) punished opponent Han Yi-Moon (6-3) for not making weight with a spectacular body kick, left hook combination knockout in the second stanza.
Kicking off the main card, meanwhile, was ROAD FC commentator ‘Kyler’ Dae Hwan Kim (3-1), who successfully took his skills to the cage and pulled off a dramatic one-punch knockout over Douglas Kobayashi (1-3, 1 NC).
In the YOUNG GUNS 019 prelims, Yoo Jae-Nam (3-3) defied the odds and topped Shooto champ, Mikihito Yamagami (10-4), via Unanimous Decision. The bout, as a whole, didn’t disappoint at all. Multiple knockdowns from both ends rightly saw this tilt gain ‘Fight of the Night’ honors.
Check out the full results from the event below:
- Lee Yoon-Jun def. Lee Kil-Woo via TKO (Punches) at 3:40 of Round 1 (For ROAD FC Bantamweight Championship title)
- Satomi Takano def. Song Ga-Yeon via Submission (Kimura) at 4:29 of Round 1
- Moon Jae-Hoon def. Kim Min-Woo via Majority Decision
- Park Hyung-Geun def. Han Yi-Moon via KO (Punch) at 0:45 of Round 2
- Kim Dae-Hwan def. Douglas Kobayashi via KO (Punch) at 1:58 of Round 1
YOUNG GUNS 019 PRELIMS
- Yu Jae-Nam def. Mikihito Yamagami via Unanimous Decision
- Cho Young-Seung def. Kim Ji-Hyung via KO (Punch) at 1:41 of Round 1
- Kim Yi-Sak def. Park Choon-Il via TKO (Punches) at 3:31 of Round 1
- Jeong Jun-Hoe def. Jung Jin-Seok via Unanimous Decision
- Choi Mu-Song def. Kim Dae-Myung via Unanimous Decision
- Nandin Erdene def. Ahn Jun-Young via TKO (Strikes) at 3:01 of Round 1
- Lee Sang-Hyun def. Ki Won-Bin via TKO (Punches) at 4:14 of Round 2
*Photos credit: ROAD Fighting Championship