Golshani reached out to MMASucka.com to give the following statement:
“At this point, I have no comments regarding the incident,” Golshani explained. “We have done what has been asked from us to do in this case and forwarded the fight footage to the BC athletic commission. We don’t sanction the event so any comment from us would not be relevant in this matter. We will be available for comments after the BCAC has reached their decision. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
If you are unsure of what went down at BFL 57, here are the Coles Notes.
BFL 57 co-main event
- Champion Austin Batra took on Perry Hayer for the amateur welterweight title in the evening’s co-main event
- Batra landed a giant left hook which dropped Hayer 32-seconds into the very first round
- Referee John Cooper stepped in
- Batra jumped into the air and threw what looked like a Hulk Smash
- Batra cheered, Hayer stayed down and was tended to by doctors
- BFL ring announcer Ryan Ventura read the decision and Batra was disqualified. He also lost the belt
Check out footage of the knockout and Hulk Smash below.
— Fight For Something (@fight4something) September 23, 2018
Stay tuned right here at MMA Sucka for more news and rumors as well as videos highlighting the top fighters, commentators, coaches, promoters and other names in MMA and combat sports. We also bring you great offers on the latest MMA products and merchandise. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel for regular updates and all the latest fight news. You can also check out our sister site, at TheFightBuzz.com for the latest from the world of MMA and other combat sports.