GLORY returned on April 29th with what was another major night of fights for the promotion. The card was headlined by the ever impressive welterweight champ Endy Semeleer who put his title on the line against longtime top fighter Murthel Groenhart. Fans were treated with this card as not only was there a title on the line but a 4-man heavyweight tournament. The winner of this tournament will likely receive an interim title fight against current holder Antonio Plazibat this summer as well as a spot in December’s Heavyweight Grand Prix which will have $500,000 at stake.
Endy Semeleer put his welterweight title on the line as he took on former GLORY champion Murthel Groenhart. Semeleer won the title back at GLORY 82 where he picked up a somwhat controversial split decision win over Alim Nabiev. Groenhart won the welterweight strap back in 2017 and has been involved in multiple title fights in the organisation. He is best known for his trilogy with Cedric Doumbe which he unfortunately came out as second best.
The Heavyweight Tournament
Murat Aygun took on Enver Sljivar with Aygun stepping in on short notice to replace previously scheduled opponent Luis Tavares. The other semi final saw GLORY veteran Jahfarr Wilnis take on highly rated newcomer Tariq Osaro.
Rest of card
- Tariq Osaro def. Murat Aygun via TKO (Punches) R3, 2:08 – Heavyweight tournament final
- Endy Semeleer def. Murthel Groenhart via unanimous decision (50-42), (50-42), (50-42), (50-42), (50-42) – GLORY Welterweight title Fight
- Mohamed Amine def. Michael Duut via Unanimous decision (29-28), (29-28), (29-28), (30-27), (30-27)
- Jan Kaffa def. Berjan Peposhi via unanimous decision (29-25), (28-26), (30-23), (30-25), (30-27)
- Murat Aygun def. Enver Sljivar via KO (punches) R1, 3:00 – Heavyweight tournament semi-final
- Tariq Osaro def. Jahfarr Wilnis via KO (punches and knees), R2, 1:26 – Heavyweight tournament semi-final
- Nikola Filipovic def. Fabio Kwasi via Majority Decision (28-28), (28-28), (29-27)
- Brice Kombou def. Maksymillian Bratkowicz via TKO (Punches) Rd 3, 2:33