It seems like the UFC likes to throw Nam Phan into matches where it is an absolute barn burner. Following his stint on The Ultimate Fighter he has gone 1-2 in the UFC, with decision losses to Leonard Garcia and Mike Brown. Both those fights were entertaining to say the least. He picked up a well deserved rematch victory over Garcia at UFC 136 back in October.
The UFC has now thrown him in the octagon against undefeated (9-0) Jim Hettes. Hettes will make his second appearance in the octagon, his first was a submission victory over another TUF alumn Alex Caceres. Believe it or not all 9 of Hettes victories have come by way of submission.
Here is the excerpt from UFC.com:
Featherweights Nam Phan and Jim Hettes have verbally agreed to fight at UFC 141 on December 30th. Phan is coming off win marked by a record-setting offensive display, while Hettes remains undefeated, finishing all opponents by submission.
The UFC 141 card is shaping together nicely, with the main event showcasing a heavyweight match-up between Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem.
Rumored UFC 141 card …
- Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
- Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz
- Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
- Junior Assuncao vs. Ross Pearson
- Ramsey Nijem vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson
- T.J. Grant vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Luis Ramos vs. Matt Riddle
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes
- Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan
Bas Rutten Speaks About Alistair Overeem/Golden Glory Dispute Next Post:
UFC 139 Media Call Highlights