Following two straight losses to Ed Herman and Andrew Craig, Kyle Noke has decided to change things up. It was announced on Tuesday that Noke would be dropping a few pounds and making his welterweight debut at UFC 151 against Charlie Brenneman.
MMAWeekly was first to announce the match-up late Tuesday evening.
Noke (19-6) will look to get back to his winning ways in just under a month. Prior to his back to back losses he was on a tremendous 5 fight winning streak and definitely hopes a drop to welterweight will help get him back there.
Brenneman (15-4) is coming off a loss to Erick Silva at UFC on FX 3 back in June. He has gone 4-3 in his UFC career and been ever so close to cracking that number one contender status. With a win over Noke he will bring himself back into the mix.
UFC 151 is set to go down on September 1 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The UFC 151 fight card currently looks like this:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)
- Champ Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson (for light-heavyweight title)
- Josh Koscheck vs. Jake Ellenberger
- Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares
- Dennis Siver vs. Eddie Yagin
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Charlie Brenneman vs. Kyle Noke
- Danny Castillo vs. Michael Johnson
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Jeff Hougland
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Jacob Volkmann vs. Shane Roller
- John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani