Bellator 262 returns after a two-week hiatus on Friday, July 16, with a 10-fight card from Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT. It all starts with the prelims at 6:30 pm ET. MMASucka has your Bellator 262 results right here.
Bellator announced Monday the cancellation of the Heavyweight bout scheduled between Marcelo Golm and Linton Vassell from the fight card due to an injury.
On July 14, the Roman Faraldo vs. John Ramirez bout originally scheduled for Bellator 262 was canceled. Faraldo’s wife was due to go into labor.
Velasquez vs. Kielholtz Women’s Flyweight Title Match
In the main event, Champ Juliana Velasquez (11-0) will defend her title against Denise Kielholtz (6-2) in a women’s flyweight title match. This is the first defense fight for Velasquez after defeating Ilima-Lei Macfarlane for the title seven months ago at Bellator 254.
Kielholtz currently holds the Bellator Kickboxing Flyweight Championship. Kielholtz will become the first fighter to hold both the Bellator MMA and Kickboxing world championships simultaneously if she defeats Velasquez.
Fortune vs. Mitrione Co-Main Event
In the co-main event, Tyrell Fortune (10-1) looks to work his way up the heavyweight ranks as he sees MMA veteran Matt Mitrione (13-8). That won’t be easy for Fortune. Mitrione has fought some of the best heavyweights in the MMA during both his 14-fight tenure with the UFC and since signing with Bellator in 2016.
Fortune has the patience of a saint, however, with ground-and-pound skills that often overwhelm his opponent. He’s shown his power and patience fight after fight, and will prove to be a tough out for Mitrione, who turned 43 just yesterday.
Watch Bellator 262
Bellator 262 Results
Main Card (9 pm ET/6 pm PT)
- Julianna Velasquez def. Denise Kielholtz (Women’s Flyweight Title match), Rd. 3, Split decision (48-47; 47-48; 48-47)
- Tyrell Fortune def. Matt Mitrione, Rd. 1, KO (strikes), 1:45
- Matheus Mattos def. Cee Jay Hamilton, Rd. 2, TKO (strikes), 1:33
- Arlene Blencowe def. Dayana Silva, Rd. 3, TKO (submission/strikes), 1:00
- Johnny Eblen def. Travis Davis, Rd. 3, unanimous decision, (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
Preliminary Card (6:30 pm ET/3:30 pm PT)
- Said Sowma def. Ronny Markes, Rd. 1, KO (strikes), 1:09
- Cody Law def. Theodore Macuka, Rd. 1, TKO (strikes), 1:54
- Diana Avsaragova def. Gabriella Gulfin, Rd. 3, split decision (29-28; 29-28; 29-28)
- Adil Benjilany def. Johnny Soto, Rd. 3, unanimous decision (29-28; 29-28; 29-28)
- Charlie Campbell def. Nicholas Giulietti Rd. 2, TKO (strikes), 1:30