Submission Underground 26 returns to Portland, Oregon tonight starting at 6 PM ET/ 3PM PT live on UFC Fight Pass.
The main event is a tag team grappling match between Mat Mafia and Gracie Barra. Alan Sanchez and Benji Silva will be representing Mat Mafia, while Pedro Marinho and Servando Almaraz will be representing Gracie Barra. Similar to tag team pro wrestling, teammates that are not currently competing must stay in a certain designated spot unless tagged in by their competing teammate. The team then has three seconds to double-team their opponent before the teammate tagging out must reach the designated spot. The team with the most submissions at the end of the period wins.
In the Submission Underground 26 co-main event, Gabriel Checco will be entering the SUG cage for the 8th time, as he looks for a win against UFC light heavyweight, Danilo Marques. The event will also feature UFC flyweights, as Katlyn Chookagian is set to compete against Gillian Robertson. Former SUG title challenger and fan favorite Andy Varela returns as well to face TUF 17 alum and UFC veteran “King” Kevin Casey. Submission Underground veterans Zack Schneider and Ighor Horta will round off the prelims, while other SUG veterans like Phelan Carron, Aaron Tiegs, Justin Renick, Charlie Gilpin, and Alex Larmey are featured on the prelims as well.
Submission Underground 26 Results
- Tag Team Mat Mafia def. Gracie Barra via Submissions 1-0
- Gabriel Checco def. Danilo Marques via Rear-Naked Choke at :48 of Overtime Round #1
- Gillian Robertson def. Katlyn Chookagian via Escape Time
- Andy Varela def. Kevin Casey via Escape Time
- Zack Schneider def. Ighor Horta via Escape Time
- Justin Renick def. Phelan Carron via Armbar at 2:46 in Regulation
- Aaron Tiegs def. Kemoy Anderson via Rear-Naked Choke at :18 in Overtime #1
- David Gill def. Richard Foster via Armbar at :04 in Overtime Round #1
- Matt Ferraiolo def. Oscar De Los Santos via Rear-Naked Choke at :34 in Overtime Round #2
- Alex Larmey def. Charlie Gilpin via Rear-Naked Choke at 1:04 in Overtime Round #2