The main event of the card will see two legends take each other on, Max Holloway and Chan Sung Jung have both been among the elite Featherweights of the division for nearly ten years now. Holloway is a former champion and Jung has challenged for the belt twice. While Holloway has managed to affirm himself as the best of the rest ever since losing the belt beating all other contenders, Jung has looked to slowly been winding down his career especially after being on the receiving end of a fairly one sided beatdown in his last fight against Alexander Volkanovski. Holloway will be looking to confirm his dominance in the division while Jung will likely be looking for one big win to hang up his gloves on.
Co Main Event
We will bear witness to a Light Heavyweight clash for the Co Main event of the evening as Anthony Smith takes on Ryan Spann. This match is a rematch of their 2021 bout which saw Smith pick up the win, defeated in his two fights since then Smith will be looking to get himself back into the winning column by beating the last man he was victorious against. Spann has gone 2-1 since and avenging a loss against a name like Smith could be massive for the future of his career.
High Flying Featherweight prospect Giga Chikadze returns to the UFC after suffering his first loss in the promotion over a year and a half ago. He will be forced to prove he has earned his place in the rankings as he takes on Alex Caceres. Caceres has gone an impressive 8-1 in his last 9 fights and will be hoping that a victory over a name like Chikadze could take him to that next level in the rankings.
Japanese wrestling prodigy Rinya Nakamura will be making his main roster debut after winning The Road to the UFC Season 1 Bantamweight tournament. He will be facing Fernie Garcia. An alumni from Dana White’s contender series who has not had the best start to life in the UFC losing his first two fights with the promotion.
A massive bout at Women’s Flyweight with title implications will see Erin Blanchfield take on Taila Santos. Sitting at number 3 and 4 in the division respectively this is a bout between two of the most in form fighters at 125 lbs and will surely decide the next challenger to either Alexa Grasso or Valentina Shevchenko’s championship.
The maincard will be opened by a Heavyweight bout that sees Junior Tafa take on Parker Porter. Tafa is a former kickboxer in the promotion GLORY and will be looking to showcase his stand up skills in the octagon. Porter will be looking to take some revenge on the Tafa family after being knocked out by Junior’s brother Justin earlier on this year.
- Featherweight bout: Max Holloway vs. Jung Chan-sung via KO (punch), – Round 3
- Light heavyweight bout: Anthony Smith def. Ryan Spann via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Giga Chikadze def. Alex Caceres via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Bantamweight bout: Rinya Nakamura def. Fernie Garcia via Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Erin Blanchfield def. Taila Santos via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Heavyweight bout: Junior Tafa def. Parker Porter via KO (punches) – Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: Waldo Cortes-Acosta def. Lukasz Brzeski via KO(punches) – Round 1, 3:01
- Bantamweight bout: Garrett Armfield def. Toshiomi Kazama via TKO (punch) – Round 1, 4:16
- Middleweight bout: Michal Oleksiejczuk def. Chidi Njokuani via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:16
- Welterweight bout: Song Kenan def. Rolando Bedoya via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Welterweight bout: Billy Goff def. Yusaku Kinoshita via TKO (body punch) – Round 1, 3:49
- Women’s flyweight bout: JJ Aldrich def. Na Liang via TKO (punches, elbows) – Round 2, 4:49
- Featherweight bout: Seungwoo Choi def. Jarno Errens via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)