Sunday afternoon MMA returns as Fury FC touches down in Houston, Texas for their first MMA card of the year. Fight fans will be presented with a 16-fight card, featuring several prospects right on the cusp of a call-up for either Dana White Contender Series or directly to the UFC; something the promotion has steadily increased their rate of doing in the past year. This event will take place at Imagen Venues, with the prelims being streamed exclusively on Fury FC’s Facebook Page and YouTube Page starting at 2:30 PM EST/11:30 PM PST, with the main card streaming on UFC Fight Pass starting at 5:30 PM EST/2:30 PM PST.
Striker vs. Grappler Showdown in Main Event
Texas natives Michael Aswell and Josh Altum collide in a featherweight clash that pits power against technique. Aswell, undefeated until his last outing, and trains at 4oz. Fight Club, a gym that is known for churning out talent like Daniel Pineda and Ike Villaneuva. Can he land another statement win and earn his big-league call-up?
Altum, fighting out of Texas Striking Academy and UnderCurrent BJJ, has something to prove. A victory here could launch him into the spotlight and rewrite his narrative.
For a full main event breakdown, check out Drew Zuhosky’s rundown here.
Prelims Packed with Potential:
Before the main event fireworks, five amateur bouts ignite the night. Catch rising prospects who might soon graduate to the Fury Challenger Series. Then, witness three pro clashes packed with intrigue:
- Light Heavyweight Debutants Clash: James Ford and Matty Costello trade leather in their professional debuts. Can either land the knockout and announce their arrival in style?
- Strawweight Warriors Battle: Wendy Anundson aims to repeat her stellar pro debut against Carsyn Nash. Will her submission skills shine again?
- Bantamweight Brawl Erupts: Carlos Jimenez and Francisco Obando lock horns in a clash of wills. Who will control the cage and claim the spoils of war?
Main Card Mayhem Awaits:
The main card explodes with even more action, featuring:
- DWCS Alumnus Makes Comeback: Zack Borrego seeks redemption after a two-fight skid. Can he rediscover his winning ways and silence the doubters?
- Submission Specialist on the Hunt: Grappling ace Mansher Khera stalks another victory. Will his ground game prove too much for his opponent?
- Joshua Van’s Main Sparring Partner Takes Center Stage: Alden Coria takes on former title challenger Alberto Trujillo. Can he upset the veteran and put himself in title contention?
- Oklahoma’s Wrecking Ball Faces Texan Tenacity: Tracy Reeder battles Hector Saenz in a co-main event brimming with regional pride.
For up-to-the-minute results and updates from Fury FC 85, be sure to stay locked into MMA Sucka.
Fury FC 85 Results:
Michael Aswell defeats Josh Altum by TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage) at 0:10 of Round 5
Hector Saenz defeats Tracy Reeder via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Justice Torres defeats Joel Madak by TKO (Ground and Pound) at 2:11 of Round 3
Alberto Trujillo defeats Alden Coria via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Lowen Tynanes defeats Michael Murphy via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Mansher Khera defeats Jonathan Martin by Submission (RNC) at 4:13 of Round 2
Zack Borrego defeats Cameron Presher by TKO (High Kick to Punches) at 1:24 of Round 2
Justin Longoria defeats Emerson Guerrero by TKO (Ground and Pound) at 3:49 of Round 3
Francisco Obando defeats Carlos Jimenez by TKO (Standing Strikes) at 0:36 of Round 2
Carsyn Nash defeats Wendy Anundson via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
James Ford defeats Matty Costello by Submission (RNC) at 4:20 in Round 2
Byron Wells defeats Daniel Perez via Split Decision
Juan Gutierrez defeats Brandon Vu by Submission (RNC) at 2:13 of Round 2
Andrew Lauterbach defeats Cameron Gutierrez via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Adam Awda defeats Anthony Johnson by TKO (Ground and Pound) at 1:19 of Round 3
Isaac Ray Martinez defeats Chris Gonzalez by Submission (Head and Arm Triangle) at 2:13 of Round 2