The UFC has added another pair of welterweight fights for the UFC 143 fight card.
Despite welterweights Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit, Josh Koscheck, and Mike Pierce already topping the bill on February 4th’s UFC 143 card in Las Vegas, there’s always more room for top-notch 170-pounders, and that’s what fans will get, as UFC President Dana White announced two more verbally agreed to bouts between Matt “The Immortal” Brown and Chris Cope, and Justin Edwards and Mike Stumpf.
Brown and Cope are both former TUF contestants who are looking to get back in the win column. Cope who was a Season 13 veteran won his finale fight against Chuck O’Neil and followed up with a loss to the very tough Che Mills at UFC 138 back in November.
Brown was lucky enough to survive the dreaded three losses and your out scenario. Following three straight losses he beat a very tough John Howard, but then lost his next fight at UFC 139 to Seth Baczynski.
Both Edwards and Stumpf are also looking to get back into the win column. Edwards was outwrestled in his last fight by a very game John Maguire at UFC 138, while Stumpf lost his UFC debut by triangle choke to T.J. Waldburger at UFC Fight Night 25.
Here’s the rest of the UFC 143 Fight Card…
Main Card (PPV)
- Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz (for interim welterweight title)
- Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
- Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen
- Ricardo Lamas vs. Dustin Poirier
- Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
- Jorge Lopez vs. Amir Sadollah
- Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope
- Rafael Natal vs Michael Kuiper
- Justin Edwards vs. Mike Stumpf
- Tickets on Sale Tomorrow for UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit
- Fabricio Werdum Returns to the UFC and Faces Roy Nelson at UFC 143
- Erik Koch Injured, Ricardo Lamas Steps in to Face Dustin Poirier