Jang Yong Kim remains as PXC’s Featherweight champ after submitting Toby Misech in their main event title match-up at PXC 42, which went down on Friday evening in Guam.
As with previous PXC installments, the event streamed LIVE, free-of-charge, on Livestream.
Kim, who was making his first title defense, endured a back-and-forth tussle before submitting Misech via a Kimura in the second round. The 29-year-old Korean Top Team stand-out has now won four of his five past outings.
In the co-main event, Frank Camacho pulled off arguably the biggest victory of his career with a Unanimous Decision victory over former UFC competitor, Keita Nakamura, Camacho dropped ‘K-Taro’ early in the first frame, but the Japanese fighter reversed his fortunes with a takedown, ending the stanza in control. Camacho’s ability to stuff Nakamura’s takedowns in rounds two and three eventually garnered him a lopsided decision triumph.
Yusuke Yachi handed Kyle Reyes the second defeat of his career in another featured contest of the evening. Yachi’s striking prowess and submission attempts earned him a deserved decision victory.
In the only women’s match-up of the card, Kailian Curran extended her unbeaten streak to 3-0 with a decision victory over Yoo Jin Jung. Curran outpointed her South Korean counterpart for three straight rounds, constantly stinging Jung with repetitive punches.
Here are the rest of the results courtesy of MMA-in-Asia:
- Jang Yong Kim def. Toby Misech via Submission (Kimura) in Round 2
- Frank Camacho def. Keita Nakamura via Unanimous Decision
- Yusuke Yachi def. Kyle Reyes via Unanimous Decision
- Kailin Curran def. Yoo Jin Jung via Unanimous Decision
- Roman Alvarez def. Mclain Alfred via Unanimous Decision
- Trevin Jones def. Ricky Camp via Split Decision
- Shane Alvarez def. Jay Tenorio via Split Decision
- Tyrone Jones def. Josh Muna via Unanimous Decision
Photo credit: Guam Sports Network