UFC Vegas 29: Jung vs. Ige goes down tonight, Saturday, June 19, 2021, live from the UFC APEX in Las Vegas as featherweights Chan Sung Jung and Dan Ige each look to climb the rankings with a win. Both fighters put on an exciting bout no matter the opponent. MMASucka will bring you live results as the action unfolds.
Chan Sung Jung
Sung Jung (16-6) returned to the octagon in 2017 after a five-year injury and military hiatus. He’s gone 3-2 since the 2017 return, defeating Dennis Bermudez in the first round in his first fight back.
“The Korean Zombie” returned 21-months later, meeting Yair Rodriguez in a bout that ultimately ended with a backward elbow that crumbled Sung Jung with just one second left.
He fought twice in 2019, earning two knockouts over Renato Moicano and Frankie Edgar.
Sung Jung was no match for Brian Ortega. Ortega dominated Sung Jung with superior striking and boxing skills in 2020. Sung Jung suffered a loss via unanimous decision in his only fight of the year.
Dan Ige (15-3) comes into this bout off the most exciting win in his fight career after a 22-second KO against Gavin Tucker in March. Ige threw one punch, putting his opponent to sleep.
Prior, Ige suffered a loss to Calvin Kattar, although the quality of fighter he was matched with significantly increased when he stepped inside the ring with Kattar.
UFC Vegas 29 Results
- Chan Sung Jung def. Dan Ige by unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46); R5, 5:00 Round 3, 5:00
- Sergey Spivak def. Alexey Oleynik by unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), Round 3, 5:00
- Marlon Vera def. Davey Grant by Unanimous Decision (29-27, 29-28, 30-26); Round 3, 5:00
- Bruno Silva def. Wellington Turman via KO (Punches), Round 1, 4:45
- Matt Brown def. Dhiego Lima by KO, Round 2, 3:02
- Virna Jandiroba def. Kanako Murata by second-round TKO, arm injury
- Seung Woo Choi def. Julian Erosa by TKO (Punches), Round 1, 1:37
- Josh Parisian def. Roque Martinez by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28); R3, 5:00
- Joaquim Silva def. Rick Glenn by KO, Round 1, 0:37
- Casey O’Neill def Lara Fritzen Procopio by third-round submission (Rear-Naked Choke); 2:54
- Khaos Williams def. Matthew Sernelsberger by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28); R3, 5:00
- Nico Negurnereanu def. Aleksa Carnur by split decision (29-28, 29-28 Negurnereanu) (29-28 Carnur) by split decision.
Embed from Getty Images