Just one day after announcing Lupita Godinez vs. Sarah Alpar, the bout has been cancelled.
Visa Issues Scrap Lupita Godinez vs. Sarah Alpar
News came on Monday morning via Godinez’s Instagram page that she could not obtain a visa in the amount of time needed.
According to her coach Ken Tran, Lupita Godinez has her main visa but didn’t have time to get the specific stamp needed to travel for this fight.
Godinez (5-1) signed with the UFC and made her debut in April against veteran Jessica Penne. It was a war of attrition in that contest, with Penne edging ‘Loopy’ on the judges scorecards and earning a split decision.
Alpar (9-5) has been a pro since 2011 and earned her spot in the UFC with a second-round submission victory over Shanna Young at a Contender Series event. It took over a year to step inside the Octagon for the first time after that due to two cancelled bouts and lost to Jessica-Rose Clark in her sophomore appearance. Alpar was originally slated to take on Stephanie Egger, however, she was forced to withdraw for undisclosed reasons.
UFC Vegas 27 goes down on May 22 from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. A bantamweight clash will headline the fight card, as Rob Font takes on former champion Cody Garbrandt.
Check out the May 22 fight card below.
- Rob Font vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Jack Hermansson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Carla Esparza vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Justin Tafa vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Felicia Spencer vs. Norma Dumont
- David Dvorak vs. Raulian Paiva
- Bill Algeo vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Court McGee vs. Claudio Silva
- Victor Rodriguez vs. Bruno Silva
- Josh Culibao vs. Yilan Sha
- Damir Hadzovic vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Rafael Alves vs. Damir Ismagulov
- Alan Baudot vs. Rodrigo Nascimento