The PFL playoffs return to ESPN Thursday evening as Kayla Harrison competes against fellow headliner Genah Fabian in the Women’s Lightweight Semifinals at PFL 8 2021. Harrison is currently a -1600 favorite. If Fabian can pull of the upset as a +900 underdog over the two-time Judo Olympic gold medalist and 2019 PFL lightweight season champion, she would eclipse the number Holly Holm sat at before her historic victory over Ronda Rousey at UFC 193.
Bruno Cappelozza looks to advance in the heavyweight semifinals in the co-main event of PFL 8 2021 as he takes on Jamelle Jones. Due to some unfortunate events, Taylor Guardado receives a new opponent, Mariana Morais. Larissa Pacheco was pulled from the semifinals due to a failed weight cut. In the first heavyweight semifinal matchup, Denis Goltsov will take on Ante Delija for an opportunity to compete in the heavyweight finale and $1 million.
On the PFL 8 2021 preliminary card, some of this season’s other heavyweight competitors will compete. Renan Ferreira went undefeated this season, but did not earn enough points to enter the playoffs. He will face Englishman Stuart Austin, one of the UK’s top heavyweight prospects sporting a 15-6 record. After going winless during the season, both Carl Seumanutafa and Mo DeReese will look to right the ship as they face off. Two talented lightweight talents will also fight before that, as Claudia Zamora, who most recently picked up a submission victory at iKON 7, will take on Marina Mokhnatkina, most recently winning by unanimous decision at Bellator 260.
MMA Sucka has fight fans covered with PFL 8 2021 results, with the preliminary card starting at 5:30pm ET/2:30pm PT on ESPN+, followed by the main card at 9pm ET/6pm PT on ESPN and ESPN+.
PFL 8 2021 Results
- Kayla Harrison def. Genah Fabian via TKO (Ground and Pound) at 4:00 in Round 1
- Bruno Cappelozza def. Jamelle Jones via TKO (Strikes) at 1:33 of Round 2
- Taylor Guardado def. Mariana Morais via Split-Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ante Delija def. Denis Goltsov via Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
- Renan Ferreria def. Stuart Austin via KO (Straight Right) at :31 of Round 1
- Mo DeReese def. Carl Seumanutafa via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Marina Mokhnatkina def. Claudia Zamora via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
- Amanda Leve def. Miranda Barber via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:18 of Round 1
- Christian Lohsen def. Jonas Flok via Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)