Conor McGregor is back in the gym preparing for his next fight. The vacation pictures are done, as Irishman has been posting on social media footage of him back in training. A return to fighting seems imminent given the footage we’re seeing. McGregor appears to back in the gym training for his next fight, likely in the UFC, given he is kicking and grappling in these new videos. Plus, Dana White also comments on the Floyd Mayweather rumors.
Conor McGregor Training for his Next Fight
Conor McGregor grappling, escaping guillotines as MMA return continues
Conor titanium leg. pic.twitter.com/hGj07aMPvr
— FullCombat (@FullCombat_) August 13, 2022
View this post on Instagram
Conor McGregor shows off the “Rotational Rib Crushers” workout
Mayweather vs McGregor 2?
The former champ-champ is back in the gym getting ready for his next fight, all the above footage is from the past few days. Conor McGregor has not laced up the gloves since his TKO losses to Dustin Poirier last year. The rumor mill has been circulating as to who “The Notorious” will be meeting in his comeback fight. MMA media is uncertain that it will even be in the UFC as a second Floyd Mayweather fight has been heavily implied.
Regarding Mayweather vs McGregor 2, a source said:
“Conor will only take the fight providing Floyd is willing to put his professional record on the line – so the fight will not be an exhibition, it will be an official fight. It will be at 155lb. That’s what we know so far. It will be the last time Floyd ever steps in the ring so it is not one to miss. The deal is very close to being done. Personal terms have been agreed on both parties. It will be one final showdown. And yes records will be at stake. Floyd sees it as the end of the Mayweather era and the beginning of the Gervonta Davis era. He believes it will be the biggest night boxing will have ever seen and has been saying ‘People best be ready because it’s going to be something spectacular’. There are arguments about the rounds at the moment with Conor’s team wanting 10 rounds. But the deal and rights are certainly getting there.”
UFC President Dana White was asked about the potential MayMac 2 bout, and responded, “All bullsh*t. Those guys are just talking on social media like they do. Whatever the hell that tabloid is called is full of the sh*t.” White said he would only promote Mayweather vs McGregor 2 if he has dementia.
It was also confirmed that the Irish-born athlete will have his first acting gig. The former double champ Conor will join Jake Gyllenhaal in Prime Video’s new revisiting of the 1980s film ‘Road House.’ Filming a movie will certainly distract from his training time, but McGregor has made it clear that he is planning a comeback fight.
Conor McGregor’s Next Fight?
Just days ago, McGregor said on Twitter, “The greatest and the biggest sports comeback in all of history. Will you be a witness?” Who will McGregor’s comeback fight be against? Poirier, Michael Chandler, and Nate Diaz were the most likely options but are all currently booked. Although, Tony Ferguson, Rafael Fiziev, Rafael Dos Anjos, Dan Hooker, and Jorge Masvidal all remain open and viable options.
Dana White reconfirms that Conor will be back in the Octagon this year. Speaking to Jim Rome, he said, “It will be in the cage. Conor’s looking to come back the end of this year, early next year. When I do talk to Conor, Conor wants to fight. Conor gets all kinds of offers for movie roles and all these other things that he could go and do and make money, and he doesn’t want to do any of that. Conor wants to fight.”
On Instagram, McGregor discussed his comeback by saying, “And also that I’ve a steel bar in one of them. And it’s like a whip. And I don’t give a fuck. Let me tell you something. The first person I’m back fighting here is getting kicked around that cage. You are all garbage. You may have a little yup the yard kick in your arsenal but it’s not at the speed, the power, the length and the control that it could be!”
Featured Image Credit: