Glory

Badr Hari, Alistair Overeem Share Instense Staredown Ahead of Third Fight

|
Image for Badr Hari, Alistair Overeem Share Instense Staredown Ahead of Third Fight

“The Demolition Man” Overeem and “Bad Boy” Hari shared a very intense staredown in their June 28 press conference. Video of the staredown can be found below:

 MMA Sucka TV logo

Full press conference featuring Badr Hari and Alistair Overeem can be found below:

Badr Hari made his professional kickboxing debut in 2002 and has held world titles in K-1 and It’s Showtime. He has had two very exciting fights against the GLORY Heavyweight World champion Rico Verhoeven. Hari competed earlier this year against Polish fighter Arkadiusz Wrzosek, in a fight that ended in a crowd riot. Commenting on this during the press conference, Hari said, “That was bad for kickboxing, I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“I’m really coming to wreck. I’m going to take him to hell and I’m ready to die in that ring,” Badr Hari said of his upcoming fight against Overeem, “My last fight with Alistair was legendary.”

Alistair Overeem has seen tremendous success in his combat sports career having held titles in K-1 Kickboxing, Strikeforce, DREAM, and others. He competed in the UFC’s heavyweight division and will be making his turn to kickboxing on October 8th.

“I expect the best Badr, after all it’s all or nothing for Badr,” Overeem said during the press conference, “Badr was not the first coice. I would go against Rico Verhoeven… Badr won both his fights against Rico in my opinion. That shows he’s dangerous.”

READ MORE: The 5 Biggest Knockouts of Alistair Overeem’s Career

Dutch to English translations courtesy of VechtSport.info.

Featured Image Courtesy of GLORY Kickboxing.

For more GLORY Kickboxing coverage, stick with MMA Sucka.

Share this article

The authority on kickboxing.
Writer of combat sports.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *